Tuesday, June 6, 2017

x.42


acrylic on Fabriano 300 watercolor paper 8" x 10"

Here’s x.42, a new painting for my alien menagerie extracts series of artwork. It’s been a while since I’ve finished one of these; 289 days passed between the completion of x.41 and x.42. Even accounting for how relatively rapidly time seems to pass, that’s a long interval! Between those two paintings I made 108 illustrations for broadcast on the 49th season of 60 MINUTES. That is work which I find challenging, rewarding and sometimes frustrating because of the schedule. While creating alien menagerie pieces aren’t without challenge, I experience a deep sense of serenity, and satisfaction. It’s every day, every moment, I’ve sat aside time to work on art for the love of it, connected as one.



preliminary pencil doodle, and ink rendering of alien x.42.


No comments:

Post a Comment